How to Use the Forum
Please print these instructions for reference while using the forum.
How to Upload a Document or File
- Types of files that can be uploaded: doc, docx, pdf, xls, txt, rtf, jpg, jpeg, gif, png (if your file type is not listed here, please contact NADD).
- While registration as a Forum Member is not required, please register a name and password on the forum so that you can edit or delete your posts after submission.
- After completing registration, log in to the Forum. You may add a post as a Guest but will not be able to edit or delete it.
- Select the “Document and Reference Repository” Forum. Click “Add a New Topic.”
- Type in a “Topic Name.”
- Type a description of the document in the text box. Highlight the description, then click the “Insert/edit link” button (looks like a chain link) near the top of the text box.
- Click the “Browse” icon next to the Link URL box and click the bottom Browse button to navigate to the correct document, then Upload it.
- After upload is complete, click the Browse tab at the top left and click the document to be linked. You will be returned to the “Insert/edit link” window, where you will click the “Insert” button.
- Click “Post New Topic.”
- If you would like to be emailed about replies to your post, click the “Subscribe” button at the bottom of the post.
How to Edit/Delete Your Question or Comment
- Log in with your username and password. Select the Forum (e.g., “Document and Reference Repository,” “Faculty”) and topic that you would like to edit.
- Click the wrench icon for the Edit or Delete options. If you do not see these options, make sure you have clicked into the specific topic post completely (by clicking the post’s name).
- Type in your edits. Click “Save Edited Post.”